For good or bad, those days are gone. Today, the pace of news is limited only by the speed of light. Getting attention has become extremely difficult and the attention you do get is forgotten within minutes with the unceasing flow of even “newer news”.
New tactics are required by you to get the notice you deserve. So here are some steps for a successful launch in these fickle times:
- Start early. Start your outreach activities 6-8 weeks before the official launch date and then keep the news going up to, and beyond the official launch date.
- Make the product or service available to important influencers as a first step. Influencers can be friendly customers, prospects, or even bloggers who have a sizable online presence. Encourage these people to use your product or service and then write review articles or posts. These folks are also great resources to talk to analysts about your offering pre-launch.
- Brief industry analysts during this early phase, scheduling calls with these people takes time so do this early.
- Seed the social space with “leaks.” Target people who are naturally eager to learn about your offering. For example, ‘coming soon’ tweets and ‘leaked’ photos of your product create an aura of intrigue that builds interest.
- Don’t expect a “big bang” release unless your product or service is truly revolutionary. Unless you have a massive launch event planned, the official launch date should only signify the day your product is actually available.
So what are you waiting for? Take care, plan and GOOD LUCK !!
And don’t forget if you need any help Photo Direct is always here just give us a call on 1300 364 817.