Photo Direct was requested by a high-end print provider to the professional photographic and art reproduction sectors, to create a canvas for the Australian and New Zealand markets.
- Suitable for use in the photographic and fine art reproduction markets for both Aqueous and Latex ink sets
- Greater detail in the lowlight and highlight areas of the Image
- Enhanced durability so it may be wrapped on the frame without cracking
- Reduced optical brightener for greater longevity
- Reduced cotton seed husks
- Smooth with zero bumps (husks, retied cotton threads)
- A white canvas to give a neutral colour balance (not yellow)
- Low price was the last of the requirements
The Result!! Photo Direct’s DGI Premium Canvas Range
- Durable Polyester/Cotton Blend so it can be wrapped on the frame without cracking and it won’t shrink when printed
- Acid free coatings and water resistant surfaces to suit pigment inks.
- Reduced optical brighteners for longer lasting images
- Greater detail in the black and white areas of the image (detail in the bride’s wedding dress without compromising detail in the groom’s suit jacket)
- A beautiful weight of 380gsm that works hand in glove with the IG Wrap system to produce a perfect tension across the image
- Premium canvas to suit the high standards required by the professional photographic market
- Low cost high quality = better margin
- Beautiful image surface and fewer reprints so you save money on materials cost
- Happy customers, optimizing your opportunities for repeat business
Photo Direct has been providing these quality canvas’s for a number of years, in June 2018 our DGI latex Type 5 canvas received the HP Latex Inks Substrates certificate and is now available for selection from the HP Media locator.
High volume users have commented that the canvas handles well and represents exceptional value for money.
To gain certification the canvas was put through rigorous testing by Colour Concepts in the Netherland , HPs independent testing partner who are world’s largest, independent state-of-the-art profiling and testing lab for the professional digital large format printing industry.
The tests are all objective and cover the following areas:
- Image Quality including colour gamut and area fill uniformity.
- Media Printer Interaction. This series of test cover marks, wrinkles , dimensional stability and rewetting
- Image Handleability. This is the performance of the media when being handled and is tested for scratchability, dry rubbing , wet rubbing , water fastness and ink adhesion.
The testing is exhaustive and Photo Direct decide to submit the canvas for testing to provide a better level of support to our clients.